All Day Gill and Roger's house
CLICK LINKS BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS OF WHO’S COMING ETC
LINK to MESSAGE FROM GILL – Sambistas-en-France
LINK – DORDOGNE TRAVEL, ACCOM ETC
Where? Gill and Roger’s house, La Coquille, 30 km south of Limoges
When? Tues July 8th, returning on Tues 15th July
How? Flight:- Bristol to Limoges http://www.ryanair.com/
If you would like to come and are not already on the list then the options for accommodation are:
1. Camping in Gill N Rog’s garden – £20 for the week
2. Hotel in the village: Logis hotel, right in the middle of the village – Hotel des Voyageurs – http://www.logishotels.com/en/hotel-Hotel-Les-Voyageurs-12432.html
We estimate that £50 each kitty should cover most food costs. This should include:
- simple breakfast and lunch (bagette cheese etc)
- 2 evening meals cooked at Gill’s
- one evening meal out in a restaurant run by friends of Gill and Rog
Those hiring cars will share that cost but there should be money in the budget to cover fuel costs for airport pick ups, driving to gigs:
- Jim – 4 seats + drums
- Gill N Rog car
- Car 1: Chris E, Tom O, Theresa and Mags
- Car 2: Tina W, Jackie, Sam and Si
- Car 3: George, Sheena and Aled
- Car 4: Fluffs and Riley
- Car 5: Cerys, Stef and Macsen
- Car 6: Phil, Annette, Pete, Kim and Adele
Extra costs will include alcohol, other meals out, extra food
It is obviously up to you what you do and where you go – except for the gigs! – but here are Gill [and Rog’s ] thoughts about the week –
- Monday – Jim and his merry band arrive sometime during the day…
- Tuesday evening – settling in, meal and drinks chez nous
- Wednesday – nothing organised as yet during the day, but we have invited the remnants of the local samba band [sadly deceased through lack of members] over for an ‘apero’ and perhaps a play with whomever wants to turn up – may invite some neighbours too – early evening.
- Thursday – again no organisation during day but have booked us all for a meal at Plus Belle La Vie restaurant – http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g3369228-d4263075-Reviews-Plus_Belle_La_Vie-Mialet_Dordogne_Aquitaine.html. Probably for about 7.30 pm ish. If you do not want to partake you will have to let me know……..
- Friday – free day – perhaps BBQ chez nous in the evening?
- Saturday – free day but gig in the evening at La Coquille stadium [not quite like the Millenium one] at about 9pm ish onward – we are getting paid and will be provided with sandwiches and drinks.
- Sunday – free day but hoping for gig in Brantome in the evening – still awaiting info.
- Monday – gig sometime from 11 am ish until mid-afternoon – Mialet – lunch provided but interesting vide grenier [car boot] in morning. Currently negotiating with ‘Les Guitares Vertes’ organisation to play in Jumilhac in the evening – not yet sure of time – we get paid and it is a lovely setting.
- Tuesday – departure for most……Boo hoo!